[HOW IT WORKS] CREATING UNBELIEVABLE PACKAGING SOLUTIONS IN OUR DESIGN CENTER
Welcome to the Morrisette Design Center
Our award-winning design center is truly one of the most unique aspects of Morrisette in the packaging distribution market. Bringing impactful designs to our customers – while maintaining a strong ROI and assembling all of the right materials – is what makes us stand out.
In-house engineers at Morrisette have access to state of the art resources, a collaborative team, and daily innovation. This is all possible with the dedicated space we built for our design center at our Greensboro branch in 2015.
We’re also excited to announce the launch of our new design center opening at our Greenville, South Carolina branch this year.
The benefit of our design center expansion and access to new resources ultimately creates better packaging solutions for our customers. Keep reading to learn how it works.
The Morrisette Packaging Design Process
Our packaging designers and engineers work together to create unique experiences for each of our customers. Sometimes our customers know exactly what they want, they just need us to bring it to life with the right materials and most efficient execution.
We also face scenarios where we have the opportunity to create new design concepts for whatever packaging application our customer needs. In almost every scenario, our customers are looking to build brand loyalty in an ever changing environment. The design process is flexible, but can be summed up in 5 steps:
- Packaging discovery
- Materials selection and sourcing
- Design implementation
- Testing and sample prototyping
Creating Unique Outcomes with Powerful Resources
Aside from our unique process, our in-house design team has access to resources that are not available from most distributors. This is how we deliver packaging solutions that allow our customers to stand out:
- State-of-the-art materials used to explore new designs
- Material neutral packaging design and access to whatever is needed
- Physical design concepts allow you to experience the design first-hand.
- Our graphic design team has extensive design experience
- Full color sample prototyping
- 3D renderings so you can visualize your design prior to production saves you time and money.
- Corrugated packaging analysis for performance optimization
Learn more about our design center resources here.
Packaging design is can best be brought to life through visual examples of what is possible. This year our design center has produced over 200 packaging design concepts in a wide variety of markets. Here’s a few of our packaging design case studies:
- Permaboot: creating retail display and structural packaging
- Virginia Distillery: design and packaging production for sample kit of whisky bottles and glasses
- Moog: sound studio gift box for leading producer of analog synthesizers
- NERD: packaging design and brand identity for personal defense
Start a Design Project
Packaging design is constantly changing due to consumer trends, material availability, and other factors that product companies face. One of our specialties is packaging design. Contact us today to start a custom packaging design project.