This year has been a difficult year for people around the world. The economic fallout that many businesses and individuals have suffered this year has shifted many people from a position of giving to a position of need, while philanthropy that is normally widespread during the holiday season is expected to experience a sizable loss this year.
This hasn’t stopped us from giving back to those in need – in fact, it has propelled us to find even more ways that we can contribute. It’s in our DNA to help where we can and support the communities in which we live and work, and 2020 is no exception.
Every year, each of our branches plans philanthropic initiatives to support those who are less fortunate or who have needs around the holidays. Whether pitching in for coats and gifts for children, or providing warm meals for those who are hungry, we are always looking for ways that we can help.
Here’s a few of the “give-backs” that we are focused on this holiday season:
- Raleigh branch: “Toys for Tots” and “Coats for Children”
- Greenville, SC branch: Overflow Thanksgiving and sponsored four families for Christmas through Middle Tyger River Community Center
- Charlotte, NC branch: Operation Christmas Child
- Greensboro, NC branch: United Way Greater Greensboro campaign fundraising
- ThreeWide Foundation was started by one of our employees in Charlotte
It’s important to us that we take inventory of our resources – whether that be time, materials, or fundraising – and give as much as possible.
If you or a charity that you care about is in need this holiday season, or in the future, please contact us to find out how we can help. We have philanthropic programs running all year long, and we are always looking for new ways to give back.