Morrisette continues to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our business and ability to service your needs. A growing number of states have implemented a Stay-at-Home Advisory. As with other Shelter in Place type programs, it defers to federal guidance on which businesses are considered essential and therefore encouraged to remain open.
Morrisette Paper Company qualifies as an Essential Business as defined in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security CISA Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response. We are fully prepared to service your packaging and janitorial needs.
This remains a fluid situation but today, the effect on Morrisette and our ability to provide products to our customers has been minimal with the exception of disinfectants, hand sanitizers and a few other related items. We view this supply shortage as a short term situation. Inventory levels remain normal for all other items.
We’ll continue to focus on ensuring the safety and health our entire workforce and doing our part as good corporate citizens to limit the spread of the virus. A few comments regarding this situation:
- Currently, we are not experiencing business interruptions as a result of the virus. Our supply chains have not been disrupted and are moving as expected.
- We are taking steps to have office support personnel work from home and / or rotate their time in the office. Our distribution warehouses and trucking are fully staffed and operating.
- We have canceled all non-essential business travel.
- We have adopted a “No Visitor” policy for all Morrisette facilities.
- We are stressing social distancing……keeping 6 feet between each other at all times.
- Anyone who has been exposed to or is experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus are required to remain at home.
We hope for the best possible outcome for those who may be affected. Please reach out to your Morrisette sales representative with any questions or concerns you may have.
David Leonard, VP of Operations