Work For Us!
It is a GREAT time to work for Morrisette! We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Morrisette that is built on the values of teamwork, integrity, community, and creativity.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation, a work-life balance, employee recognition program, wellness program and a generous offering of benefits, that include a 401(k) retirement plan as well as profit sharing.
If you are interested in becoming part of a dynamic team, click on the position below for which we are currently seeking qualified candidates and click the “apply now” button at the bottom of the position description. Be sure to include your contact information as well as your resume. Don’t have a resume? No problem. Just provide us with your contact information!
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Location: Greensboro, NC
Reports to: Operations Manager
Requisition #: 4270-05-2
The Project Manager will act as the center-point to customer facing programs for Morrisette Packaging. As an internal advocate, this role will collaborate with the sales, purchasing and design departments to effectively support our customer’s needs. As required, this role will also have direct customer interaction to help drive communication forward with clarity and precision. A proven eye for detail and the ability to multi-task under pressure are key attributes to this role.
- Assimilates, organizes and maintains complex information in support of our customer’s packaging needs.
- Communicates back with key stakeholders (Customer Direct, Sales, Purchasing, Design, Customer Service, etc.) to effectively move projects forward on time and on budget with clear reasoning.
- Develops and maintains a detailed project scope to monitor and track progress of multiple requests in tandem, with short-term or long-term goals.
- Effectively manages risk through a project’s life cycle and collaborates with internal resources, third-parties and supplier-partners for flawless execution.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to communicate and document needs and scope.
- Acts as an extension of sourcing and purchasing departments, when necessary, on complex projects.
- Comfortable in an office setting (85%), or “hands-on” in a warehouse environment (15%).
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, and industry related project management tools as required to complete tasks at hand.
- Strong organizational & time management skills, with great attention to detail.
- Goal oriented self-starter who takes initiative and acts appropriately in various circumstances without direction.
- Hard working and extremely reliable.
- Willingness to infrequently travel overnight to review customer opportunities.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from College or University preferred, but not required.
- At least three or more years’ experience in a similar type position.
Location: Greensboro, NC
Reports to: Executive Director of Packaging Design
Requisition #: 4270-05-3
The Technical Resource Manager – Foam will collaborate with Morrisette Packaging’s customers to help them become more profitable, through the development of cost effective and efficient foam packaging design. This role will be instrumental in implementing a vertically-integrated foam strategy as a new business unit within the organization.
- Routinely collaborate with the Company’s customers and account representatives in order to develop an understanding of a project’s packaging needs.
- Identify a customer’s short or long-term goals and develop foam packaging designs pertaining to manufacturability, cost, labor, safety or any variety of project goals.
- Work holistically with other Morrisette Packaging designers as an industry expert on foam applications; when beneficial or in-addition to the project at hand.
- Produce SPECs, drawings, digital concepts and/or prototype samples that fulfill the customer’s needs, wants, timeline and budget. Run and maintain prototyping equipment.
- Fulfill the role of an internal manufacturing leader, guiding the company through the steps needed to produce fabricated foam designs in-house via equipment and technology resources available. When appropriate, identify and champion additional manufacturing resources which could benefit customer and company synergies.
- Collaborate cross functionally within the enterprise in the development of long term business goals pertaining to foam material stock/inventory, supplier identification, vendor relations and best-in-class business practices.
- Guide the enterprise to build and maintain a platform for routing, costing and pricing fabricated in-house foam designs for Morrisette Packaging account representatives.
- Remain up to date with foam packaging materials, design and manufacturing trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Industry knowledge and expertise in a variety of foam packaging materials, principles, suppliers, manufacturability and technology. Strong focus and understanding of Polyethelyne (PE).
- A background in various aspects of foam fabrication and manufacturing techniques; including: skiving, die-cutting, routing and laminating.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and build professional relationships with internal and external customers, always representing the company in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; expresses thoughts and ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing; establishes trust and confidence quickly while always maintaining a high level of tact and professionalism.
- Goal oriented self-starter who takes initiative and acts appropriately in various circumstances without direction, consistently meeting strict deadlines, prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail.
- Hard working and extremely reliable. Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints.
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervisions, and to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Proficiency with prototyping equipment. ex: Kongsberg and/or Zund.
- Proficiency with an industry standard CAD Design platform for packaging. ex: ArtiosCAD or similar.
- Willingness to travel.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry work experience.
- A minimum of seven years working in the packaging industry.